Our client is a large franchised real estate network. The group has around 80 offices specialising in the sale of residential real estate and the management of tenanted investment properties.
With around 1000 employees, the group focusses on delivering a great property result for their clients – and a great experience.
The real estate industry is highly regulated with many layers of compliance impacting on businesses. Salespeople and property managers are employed under the Real Estate Agents award, which was established in 2010.
Prior to that there was no award covering real estate agents in Victoria. Because the majority of salespeople are rewarded under a commission structure, there is enormous complexity to their compensation arrangements.
They needed someone with the expertise to help in three major areas:
- Resolving staffing issues in a fair and practical way
- Employee compensation and benefits
- Educating their franchisees on HR compliance
- Providing advice to franchisees with staffing issues, leading to best practice strategies when dealing with the following issues:
- Terms, conditions of employment and entitlements (excluding wage rates).
- Inducting new employees, training and coaching strategies.
- Conducting performance appraisals.
- Recommendations on handling employee performance and behaviour.
- Feedback on issuing verbal and written warnings.
- Assistance with terminating employees and handling redundancies.
- Review of all documentation, such as warnings, meeting notes and agendas.
In September 2018, FC Business Solutions (FC) joined the client’s events team to assist in running their 2019 events calendar. This comprised 12 events across Australia with the main event being a major conference held in November. The conference comprised of over 120 events in a six-day period.
With a primary mission of allowing the client’s Director of Communications to focus on content, FC focused on the detailed logistics of each event.
We liaised with venues, convenors, hotels, bus transfer companies, caterers, banner companies, couriers and airlines to pull together the 2019 events. We created a master checklist for each event, outlining all the requirements. The checklist included administration, venue liaison, communication channels, travel arrangement, photography, hotel costings, sponsors and speaker requirements.
FC organised weekly virtual meetings to discuss progress and monthly full day face-to-face meetings, along with daily correspondence with the client’s Director of Communications to provide progress updates, feedback and solutions to any outstanding issues.
Prior to the event, we provided marketing materials, program preparation, sponsor liaison and presentation co-ordination.
On the day of an event, we provided onsite management ensuring the set-up met specifications, liaised with AV, speakers, sponsors, caterers and generally ensured that the event ran smoothly, and provided all attendees with a memorable occasion.
During 2019, our client held more events than ever before. FC was critical to ensuring that all events were of the highest professional standard. The conference – the centrepiece of their events schedule – received phenomenal feedback with over 90% of attendees praising all aspects of the 120 events over the six days of the event.